Friday, June 30, 2006

Drop me a line

The most amazing thing has happened since this blog came about.
Cousins I haven’t heard from, seen, or in one case even met – have made contact.
I thank technology for bringing people closer together and wonder what it would have been like if we still depended on letters to communicate.

I guess just like our great-grandfather - we would have lost contact with family and spent the rest of our lives wondering where they are and what happened to them.
Imagine passing someone on the street and not realising they're a cousin. Well, as is the case with Cheryl-Ann - I would have!
If like her, you are family I haven't heard, or seen in ages, please don’t hesitate to drop me a line, send in a photo or two and update me on what you’re up too and where you are in the world.
just email me at waltersabroad@yahoo.co.uk

Don’t let the opportunity pass to reach out and touch someone.
You never know where in the world someone might actually reach back!

My cousin Garret, who lives in New Zealand, and whom I have never met, recently reached out. I only hope to hear from him again.

Family is precious - you don't realise the value until it is gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home